Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Account Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile vendors, consultants’ obligations and commitments
- Writing of cheques and register them in cheque register before dispatch
- Writing of all payment vouchers and other advance requests
- Daily filing of relevant document for easy reference
- Preparation and analysis of revenue, expense, invoices and other accounting documents.
- Prepare management accounting reports
- Confirmation/vetting of consultant’s invoices, all incentive payments, external services requests (Lab, eye tests etc), marketing commission, recharge cards etc.
- Maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems
- Confirmation of discharges
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Explain relevant billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients
- Resolve accounting discrepancies
- To undertake other duties as appropriately designated by the Head of Finance.
Experience, Qualification and Required Skills:
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience in accounting.
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Accounting and related discipline
- Preferably Accounting/numerate discipline
- Part or fully qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAN, ACA, ACCA,CIMA)
- Must have knowledge, ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Excellent communication skills (both written & oral)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service focus
- Honest and trustworthy
- Professional, able to maintain confidentiality and ethical behaviour
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- Confident and patient